We believe in respecting and valuing everyone within a safe, positive and purposeful environment.
It is important that everyone learns and develops, emotionally, spiritually, morally, socially, physically and intellectually to the best of their ability.
The ethos of the school reflects the care and concern we have for each other as individuals. Mutual respect, responsibility and positive behaviour are all part of the high expectations of all members of the school community as we work as a team to achieve our potential. Challenge and support for development are given to everybody within the school.
Everyone's strengths and achievements are recognised and praised.
We foster a positive partnership between the school, parents, governors and the wider community.
Our school is welcoming, safe and happy. We promote the core values necessary to encourage caring confident citizens of the future. Promoting values is a community responsibility and not an imposition from one person to another.
We are committed to the belief that all members of the school community have the right to be treated with respect, irrespective of gender, ethnic background, ability, disability or social circumstance.
Roecroft Lower School is committed to promoting racial equality and harmony. We expect everyone who is part of, or who visits this school to support this commitment both in the way they act and in the words they use.
In order to fulfil our mission, we will aim for
- Respect and care for ourselves and others
- High self esteem
- High standards of achievement
- Spiritual and moral awareness
- Readiness for life in the 21st century
- A culture of lifelong learning
and actively seek
- To create a secure and stimulating environment where every child is valued as an individual
- To have positive relationships between the school and its community which are encouraged and valued
- To provide professional leadership enabling changes to be managed efficiently and effectively
- To ensure a high standard of behaviour throughout the school in which pupils are encouraged to develop self-discipline
- To create a learning partnership involving pupils, parents, staff, governors, community members and visitors
- To provide inspiring and well-structured learning experiences accessible to all the children
- To help pupils develop lively, inquiring minds, an active interest in knowledge and an enjoyment of learning
- To promote and nurture a strong sense of moral values and respect for one another's values, cultures and religions
- To educate the 'whole child' and enable them to develop intellectually, physically, socially and emotionally
- To promote the health and wellbeing of all members of the school community
Roecroft Values for 2016/17
Roecroft Lower School | Head Teacher: Mrs Julie Pearson