At Roecroft we encourage Healthy Eating and now hold the Enhanced Healthy Schools Status.
School meals are provided by Luton Borough Council Catering Services who follow strict healthy eating guidelines. We also like to try and encourage parents to provide healthy packed lunches too. Please remember we are a NUT FREE SCHOOL.
Lunch time arrangements
Reception and KS1 Classes – 11.45-1pm
KS2 Classes – 1-2.15pm
If your child is in KS2 please send them in with a mid-morning snack that they will eat at break time. Examples of healthy snacks are as follows:
- Fruit and veg
- Healthy Cereal bar (no nuts)
- An additional roll or sandwich to their lunch
- Dairylea Cheese/dippers
- Malt Loaf
Schools meals are free for ALL children in Reception and Key Stage 1.
Payment for children in KS2
School Meals are priced at £2.10 a day. Please post your monies in the box in the main reception. You are very welcome to pay for longer blocks of time if needed.
1 week £10.50
Per day £2.10
Please make cheques payable to: LBC Catering Services
(Please write your child’s name and address on reverse of cheque)
Payment is required either on the day or in advance.
Please note we cannot give credit.
Free school Meals
Every year schools are in a position to receive additional funding to help families towards the cost of things such as tuition, trips and breakfast clubs. This is called the Pupil Premium Grant and is based on the number of pupils who receive free school meals. Children who receive Universal Free School Meals (UFSM) in key stage 1 (Reception Yr1, Yr2) do not automatically qualify for this additional funding.
If you fit the criteria below then you are a family that would qualify for free school meals, including the additional help as well as Free School Milk when your child turns 5 years old.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support from NASS (National Asylum Support Service) under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on
- Universal Credit.
As is common in most schools, a number of parents whose children attend fail to claim FSM funding. Even if your child currently has a packed lunch, or is in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 you should still apply as you may be offered help with the cost of School Trips and clubs. Please check on Free School Meals (FSM) to see if you qualify and follow the instructions below to claim.
You can apply by:
Phone on 0300 300 8306
This line is open 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 4.30pm Friday
Please make sure you have the following to hand when you call:
- National Insurance numbers for you and your partner, along with your dates of birth and dates of birth for your children.
- If you receive National Asylum Seekers Support you will need your NASS number.